Supernova Games Studios
Supernova is one of the newest additions to the Digital Bros Group.
Our studio is small, friendly, and smart. We are a strong group of professionals working from either the office in Milan or from our homes via our distributed development system.
We are an autonomous team that takes on technical and creative challenges with enthusiasm, collaborative work whilst having fun along the way. Supernova welcomes ambitious talents from all over the world encouraging ownership and autonomy.
Our focus is to deliver high quality and impactful titles that leave a lasting impression on its players and fans.
About Digital Bros
Listed on the Star segment of Borsa Italiana, Digital Bros Group is a global company that has been operating since 1989 as a developer, publisher and distributor of videogames through its brand 505 Games.
Digital Bros Group is active around the world through its own direct operations in Italy, United States, UK, France, Spain, Germany, China, Japan and Australia.
The Group is guided by the desire to develop titles capable of stimulating the curiosity and imagination of gamers with content that combines artistic creativity with technological innovation.
We are looking to grow our small but talented team, to build a fast-growing studio that can deliver best in class games, through the use of cutting-edge technology and innovation.
As an Unreal Engine focused studio, we are excited to build our technology based on the latest Unreal Engine 5 features so we are looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us achieve our goals.
To fulfil this mission, we are looking for a talented Environment who is going to play a key role in the development of an upcoming PC & Console game. This is a remote first position and is an exceptional opportunity to become part of an innovative team composed by talented, creative and technically proficient developers.
This role requires the highest levels of passion and commitment, as well as exceptional technical ability.
As an Environment Artist, you will form a core part of a small but experienced team on a new project. You will have the chance to join us at the early stages of a game and contribute to the shape and direction it takes. You will collaborate closely on all creative and technical aspects of the project to create high-quality environment art.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Working closely with the art team to deliver the artistic vision within the project requirements
- Ensuring the visual quality of the environments
- Working in collaboration with the development team in creating and optimising pipelines to speed up production time and improve product performance and quality
- Being a focal point for any environment production issues for both the internal team and external partners
- Participating in the full development cycle of console and PC games, from prototypes to release
We are looking for an experienced Environment Artist with an aptitude for communication and collaboration who has at least 3 years of experience in the game industry.
- You are not afraid to push yourself out of your comfort zone
- You love to encourage innovation
- You have passion for games and technology
- A proactive individual and collaborative across teams
- Open to discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities
- Exceptional teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team
- Friendly, open minded, positive and proactive person
Nice to have
- Strong knowledge of the Unreal Engine
- At least 3 years of experience with Maya, 3D Studio Max and other programs such as Substance Designer/Painter, Zbrush, Blender etc.
- Proven environment art experience on PC and console
- Experience working with other disciplines to define environment content pipelines
- Proven experience in PC & console development with at least two shipped titles
- Strong problem solving, conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
- Proficient in English
- Portfolio with some personal work showcases (Demo Reel required)
WHAT CAN WE OFFER
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Experience with photogrammetry and/or laser scan data acquisition
- Experience in mentoring and coaching team members
- Passion for motorsport
- Experience with Houdini
- You like travelling for business
- A permanent contract
- Remote working
- An industry competitive salary based on your qualifications and in line with experience
- Work with a highly talented development team
- A friendly environment where curiosity and proactivity are championed
- A cutting-edge development environment with access to the latest technologies
- A creative and collaborative work environment
- An exciting high-profile project
- High quality game development equipment
- Flexible start and end times to the working day
- Monthly project and studio updates
- Mentoring and regular one on one catch-ups with team members
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
Supernova is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better game experience for our players.